Dave Koelmeyer—Technical Communicator#
I'm a technical communicator with an expert eye for detail. I have a singular focus on creating beautiful written and visual content for your business, product, or software project.
My services include creating customer documentation, technical guides for software installation and administration, video screencasts, white papers, blog posts, web copy, and copy editing.
My impeccable written English ability is bolstered by a strong technical background informed by over ten years working in enterprise-scale environments, with lead responsibility for documentation.
I have expertise in:
- A wide range of web documentation systems, including associated markup languages and editors (JSPWiki, MediaWiki, Atlassian Confluence, Markdown, Drupal, WordPress)
- Using office productivity software (LibreOffice, Microsoft Word) at an advanced level to create long-form content according best practice formatting techniques
- Using image editing and diagramming software to create original graphical content
- Using video and audio editing software (including Camtasia) to create original video screencast training material
- HTML/CSS manipulation for custom requirements
- 2017-10-08: added a new video screencast demonstrating tutorial material created with Camtasia.
- 2017-08-21: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of SuiteCRM—an open source CRM product.
- 2016-11-14: added a sample video training screencast demonstrating how to create editable PDFs using LibreOffice Writer.
- 2016-10-23: added a sample business case for migrating an organisation to a new office productivity software suite.
- 2016-10-19: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of using Ubuntu as a business replacement for Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS.
- 2016-10-19: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of migrating to LibreOffice for business office productivity.
- 2016-10-16: added a technical writing sample describing how to configure the Openfire instant messaging server to use OpenDJ for LDAP user account authentication.
- 2016-10-11: added a technical article originally submitted to the Sun Microsystems BigAdmin community documentation site, documenting my custom digital signage solution.
- 2016-10-10: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of open source software for small businesses.
Please use the left hand menu to view samples organised by target audience.
For any enquiries please contact me at:
Connect with me on LinkedIn: