Dave Koelmeyer—Technical Communicator#
I'm a technical communicator with an expert eye for detail. I have a singular focus on creating beautiful written and visual content for your business, product, or software project.
My services include:
- Customer documentation and training material
- Technical guides for software installation and administration
- Video screencasts with subtitles and voiceover
- White papers
- Blog posts
- Web copy
- Copy editing
My impeccable written English ability is bolstered by a strong technical background informed by over ten years working in enterprise-scale environments, with lead responsibility for documentation.
I have expertise in:
- A wide range of web documentation systems, including associated markup languages and editors (JSPWiki, MediaWiki, Atlassian Confluence, Markdown, Drupal, WordPress)
- Using office productivity software (LibreOffice, Microsoft Word) at an advanced level to create long-form content according best practice formatting techniques
- Using image editing and diagramming software to create original graphical content
- Using video and audio editing software (including Camtasia) to create original video screencast training material
- HTML/CSS manipulation for custom requirements
- 2017-10-08: added a new video screencast demonstrating tutorial material created with Camtasia.
- 2017-08-21: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of SuiteCRM—an open source CRM product.
- 2016-11-14: added a sample video training screencast demonstrating how to create editable PDFs using LibreOffice Writer.
- 2016-10-23: added a sample business case for migrating an organisation to a new office productivity software suite.
- 2016-10-19: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of using Ubuntu as a replacement for Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS.
- 2016-10-19: added a sample business white paper describing the benefits of migrating to LibreOffice for business office productivity.
- 2016-10-16: added a technical writing sample describing how to configure the Openfire instant messaging server to use OpenDJ for LDAP user account authentication.
For enquiries contact me at:
Connect with me on LinkedIn: